Work on the National Church property is going very well. We are waiting delivery of the new steel building and continuing site preparations. The Metal gate and wrought iron fence are being completed and preparations are almost finished for the containers that will become storage for the Point of Distribution being set up. The container with the 250,000 meals is still being held in customs and is desperately needed! Keep praying! Medical supplies, clothing, tents, hygiene kits, and more are being given by other agencies as we work together to meet the needs.
We also had a wonderful week with a team from Oak Harbor and Beaverton who did some great planning work and started the first of our future “Vocational Training” classes with a Woodshop that made benches for the families in tents in our refugee camps.
They began the benches with our ‘Hire-a-Haitian’ workers who were inspired beyond their ‘job’ to come and learn how to do woodworking with our ‘instructors’, and now the class on Woodworking has begun. They are meeting regularly to produce a variety of wood working projects, learning to use hand and power tools that will give them marketable skills in the fields of carpentry and furniture making. they are very excited and so are we. If you’d like to help with training and have carpentry experience, make plans to bring a team!
Below is a list of projects you or your church can get involved in to help with the ongoing work in Haiti. Just mail your designated gift to:
Foursquare Relief & Compassion, P.O. Box 26776, Los Angeles, CA 90023 designated “Haiti/(your gift – Orphan Caregiver, etc)”
Opportunities & Needs
Below are some of the opportunities we have to meet the overwhelming need and help our Haitian families and neighbors recover and rebuild for a better Haiti:
- $ 10/wk Provide basic food pack for a family of 4
- $ 50 Provide a water filtration system for a family
- $ 100/m Sponsor an Orphan Caregiver (Trained to Raise the Standard of Orphan Care in Haiti)
- $ 350/yr Provide education for a child for a year
- $ 100/m Send a Student to college
- $ 2500/m Sponsor an Orphanage (join a sponsor coop with other churches)
- $ 4000 Provides generator, inverter, and batteries for church/orphanage
- $8000 Drill a clean water well for a Foursquare church/orphanage (becomes a clean water station for the area)
- $ 5000 build a semi-permanent home for a family for 5-7 years
- $ 100/m Pay Haitian workers to provide medical, sanitation, educational, or maintenance needs to orphanages.
- ESL Teachers – 1 to 3 month commitment
- Maintenance Trainers – 3 to 6 month commitment
- Orphanage Care Giver – 3 to 6 month commitment
- Handyman Trainer – 1 to 3 month commitment
- Nurses/Doctor – 1 to 3 month commitment
- Vocational Trainers (welding, carpentry, electrical, etc) 1
- Base Camp Team Facilitator (see job description on website)
- Base Camp Team Coordinator (see job description on website)